Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't Touch Me. I have Herpes.

In case you weren't aware, tender souls such as myself do not need a fever to sprout a fever blister. All it takes for me to grow a cold sore is a little bit of stress (see previous blog), a little too much time in the sun, or the presence of 1 Herpes molecule floating around in the 3 mile radius surrounding me.

In my younger days, I was constantly battling these disgusting little outbreaks. They would pop up on my mouth with little to no notice. I could leave a room with no fever blister, re-enter the room 30 seconds later with a dinner plate-sized cold sore. I could have won talent shows with that trick.

So, I guess I should consider myself lucky that my body has finally started giving me a little warning.
Body: "Ahem, excuse me Heather. You know that tingly feeling you are experiencing? That is my formal notification that you will need to spend the next week in hiding, because within the next 12 hours you will look like a mutant." Also, I no longer get blisters on my mouth, and for this I am grateful. They now sprout up INSIDE my nose. That's right. I have Nasal Herpes; it's a real thing...and I have it. "Thank you Tuesday for providing me the anxiety I need to grow nasal sores."

Until tomorrow.
~Heather

No comments: