Sunday, July 11, 2010

My day without kids.

Okay, so the people that know my family in "real life" know that my school teacher husband has been playing Mr. Mom for nearly two months now. He is on the verge of a breakdown. I can see it in his eyes...you know the look usually spotted on stay-at-home moms...the look of desperation, panic, and sheer hope in the idea of some alone time. I have granted him that wish. I have given him 2 full days without children; we shipped both of them off to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It is my anniversary present to him. (Tomorrow is our 7th anniversary, woot woot.)

So, here it is~ the list of what we two lovebirds did with all of our leisure time today:

*2:30 PM (CST)- Drop kids off at the Vinita McDonald's. The Becks were there waiting for us. We didn't just casually drop them off in the ball pit and speed away.

*Approximately 3:15 (CST)- Stopped at Tropical Sno in the parking lot of Warehouse Market in Claremore. This was my standard hangout spot during the summers in my high school years. I can assure you that absolutely no updates have been done to this establishment since it was founded. The ice machine was one step up from a Snoopy snow cone maker.

*4:00ish-6:00ish (CST)- Watched The Dish, The Soup, and an hour of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

*6:00-7:00 (CST)- Talked about getting off the couch and doing something

*7:00-8:00 (CST)- Drove around Tulsa and talked about what we wanted to do. We drove through Memorial Cemetery while we continued talking about what we wanted to do.

*8:00-8:30 (CST)- Drove to Shiloh's restaurant. They close at 3:00 PM on Sundays. We drove home.
*8:30-9:30 (CST)- Heated up some left- over pizza and watched Big Brother.
*Currently- I am on the computer. Aaron is watching Andy Griffith. And now I'm going to get ready for bed.

In summary, I don't know what we did before we had kids, but I can guarantee we used a lot more gasoline than we do these days. Nighty night.

Until tomorrow.
~Heather
1. "Hey Flaps, so what are we gonna do?"
2. "I don't know, what'cha wanna do?"
1. "Look Flaps, first I say "What are we gonna do?" Then you say "I don't know, what'cha wanna do?" Then I say "What are we gonna do?" Then you say "I don't know, what'cha wanna do?" Let's do something!"
2. "Okay, what'cha wanna do?"
-Jungle Book

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things change in the "adult world" once kids are part of our lives huh!

Chance said...

What a loser! The Order of the Phoenix is clearly superior than the Goblet of Fire. Unless it was on TV. But if you watched a Harry Potter movie on TV although you had it on DVD, that's just lame. Unless you don't have all the Harry Potter movies on DVD, which is unforgiveable.