Friday, August 27, 2010

Because I know you care.

Holy cow. I don't even know where to begin in my quest to update you on my life. Let's start from the beginning.

I was born on a cool spring morning on April 27...

Nah, I won't go back that far. Instead, I'll pick up where I left off.

The heavens parted several weeks ago, and my husband discovered that a job that he would enjoy was available. He sent in his resume, and after 14,000 interviews (give or take a few), he scored the job. Yippee for him. Since this change in profession, we have had to find and hire a new babysitter for both children and this weekend will involve buying my ever-shrinking husband a new work wardrobe.

Finding trustworthy childcare is a headache. The "fancy" daycares charge for two kids more than I bring home in a month after insurance, taxes, etc., and I refuse to make negative money. However, the affordable daycares are located in buildings made exclusively from asbestos and chipping lead paint and are invaded by toothless workers. Fortunately, some friends of ours recommended an at-home babysitter, and things seem to be going smoothly for the children. (I still fight back tears every morning, but I'm getting better.)

My side business, Jillian's Roses is gaining notoriety and inventory is moving. Since being defriended on Facebook by an acquaintance (long story), I now feel the freedom to expand into the bow-making world, so I have been having fun with that. In case you don't remember, I really hate being defriended (see blog from sometime in June), but this time, after the steam stopped spouting from my ears, I realized that the defriendment is actually a good thing. Now the world is my oyster.

Oh, and I'm having t-shirts made, but I need your help. I am planning to have baby/infant, women's, and men's sizes available. I am looking for a slogan for the women's shirts. Please help me. The author of the winning slogan gets a free t-shirt.
So far for the other sizes I have:
Men: Real Men Wear Roses.
Baby/Toddler: Without a rose, you're just a boy.
Women: ??????????????????? 

Um, let's see...I am down to less than 3 classes to complete before I finally graduate with a stinking degree. Granted, this degree will probalby go to waste, but at least I can say I have one at my high school reunion. In fact, I may make a shirt to wear at my reunion that says "I may be fat, but at least I have a degree." Actually, I weigh less now than I did as a high school senior. This is not really an accomplishment since I was the token acceptably-fat girl in my class. Take a moment to remember that person from your class...you know...the girl you went to school with who was heavier than all the other stick figure girls. The girl who weighed the same as all the heavy misfits, but nobody seemed to notice. Ah, yes...there she is now. I can see her galloping through your memories.

Anyway, I think that generally covers what has been going on lately. I will try to do better about updating, but I'm usually lost in piles of flower petals and hot glue, so no promises. Stay tuned.

Until....sometime,
Heather

Comment with t-shirt ideas should you have any. Thanks~

1 comment:

Abby D said...

"My bow's the biggest"