Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Happy Big Brother Eve!



Tomorrow is the season premier of Big Brother, Season 19. If you have known me for any amount of time, you know how important this show is to me. Three days per week every summer are dedicated to quality entertainment brought to me by my friends at CBS. As a family who utilizes only streaming channels (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.), we do not have access to DVR or whatever the cool kids are using these days to record live television. This means that I, literally, have to be home when Big Brother airs or risk seeing spoilers on Facebook.  You have never truly seen rage unless you have made the mistake of telling me the winner of a BB competition before the next episode airs.

Thought: Those of you who subscribe and watch the Live Feeds and/or After Dark are probably the same people who, as kids, opened presents before Christmas morning. Am I right? The bonus footage ruins the actual episodes for me. However, it is a personal decision and I respect your choice and your loyalty to BB.

I realize that there are people among us who do not appreciate the show. I will speak to these people again in September.

For those of you who remain, you need to know that I truly want to be a contestant on Big Brother. For real. Here are my concerns:

1) I would make enemies from the word 'Go!' My sleeping arrangements are, maybe, the most important thing to me in life. [Just kidding. Kind of.] I am a bed sheet connoisseur. And pillows! Don't even get me started on pillows! Thus, if I did not approve of my bed placement and comfort level, I wouldn't make many friends and my social game would be shot.

2) I'm just really not a very good liar. I don't think the household members would believe me if I pretended to be a 20something beautician with a really exotic past instead of a mid-30s mom and wife from Oklahoma. These hips don't lie.

3) I would never survive the initial Head of Household competition which is an endurance challenge. I don't only mean that I would lose the competition; I mean that I honestly might die. I have an abnormally low amount of upper-body strength, and the contestants generally end up hanging from something in Week 1.

4) I take a lot of showers, and I'm really not into other people being in the same room when I bathe. So that could be an issue. 

If I could overcome these hurdles, I think I could make it to the finale. Unfortunately, my husband will seriously not support my going to casting calls for Big Brother. There have been agents in Oklahoma at least 3 times (!!!) casting for Big Brother. Each time, there has been a serious conversation regarding my attendance. I'm not sure why he doesn't support the constant recording of my behavior...24 hours a day...7 days a week....for 3 months. Sigh.

Happy Big Brother Eve!

And that's what I have to say about that.
~H

No comments: