Tuesday, July 11, 2017

We've come a long way

Aaron takes a wife.
15 years ago this month, I was introduced to a fellow previously described to me as "Elton John-esque." Despite the description, I agreed to meet him. The following week, I ruined his hair and had to shave his head with a Bic razor, much to his mother's chagrin. Two weeks after that, we bought an engagement ring.

On July 12, 2003 (14 years ago tomorrow if anyone is counting), I wed the young fellow. Many of you have heard the tales of the "First Years." If you haven't, invite me over for crumb cake and I'll tell you some tales.

Over the years, we have (lit'rally) come a long way. I did the math; we have driven approximately 3,830 miles in various Uhaul trucks.

For your enjoyment, I have compiled an album of my favorite terrible pictures, 2002-present.
They say your wedding day is the most beautiful day of your life. Glad I was having a good bangs day.




    Little known fact: Sock monkey cake makes me swell.
    We're obviously very serious about scooter riding. FDNY was my official sponsor.

    My daughter just asked if I was pregnant in this picture. "Nope."
    This must have been the year I was undercover as a brunette and Aaron a lumberjack.
    Sometimes a girl just needs to grab her plastic purse, put on overalls, find her high heeled flip flops, and jump in the car. 

    I have this hobby of bringing home pets without permission. These are two of those pets.

    Nothing spells fun like Old Time Photos.

    ...but despite all my quirks, we're even. Because Aaron had an earring. 

    Happy Anniversary to the only person who could stand me for this long.

    XOXO

    H-face.




    1 comment:

    Rachel said...

    These are everything.