Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hi, I'm Heather, and I'm addicted to sno cones.

If I had infinite wealth, the first thing I would purchase would be my very own Josh's  Sno cone Shack fully stocked with an ice machine, Styrofoam cups, flavors as far as the eye could see, cream, and the little twenty something man inside. I wouldn't want to be responsible for concocting my own icy treat; I need the man to do it for me.

Sno cones are the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about at night. It has become a problem.

Thursday night I basically sold my soul to my husband in exchange for him going to get sno cones. It was totally worth it.

I now tell my two year old that "maybe later daddy will go get sno cones." I know that as soon as hears those words, that is all he will talk about the rest of the day. Eventually, my husband will get tired of hearing it and run to get them. It's fail-proof.

How do they do it? How do they create a sugary liquid that tastes exactly like cheesecake? It is a miracle of science. This cheesecake flavor has tempted me to turn my back on my standard combo, coconut & vanilla with cream, and that is its own separate miracle.

Have you tried the adding cream to your order? This option is available at nearly all the huts. It is totally worth the extra $0.50, if you ask me. It transforms the everyday sno cone into A Treat of the Gods. Yes, it does add fat, calories, sodium, etc. to your otherwise fat-free dessert, but if you are participating in the Carbohydrate Addicts' diet like I am, these additional calories don't really mean much.

Tulsa-dwellers, be warned: Polar Ice in the parking lot of the 51st and Memorial Food Pyramid does not offer what you and I know to be snocones, and they are adamant that you are aware of this fact. On the afternoon of the 4th of July, I went to Josh's Shack for my daily fix. They had already closed early for the holiday. I frantically ran to the aforementioned Polar Ice and demanded a snocone, stat! The owner promptly informed me that their product is not a sno cone; they are pre-flavored and have the texture of snow rather than granules of ice. "Yeah, yeah, whatever...just give me what you got." By the time I got home, my cup was full of mushy goo. I do not recommend this product. I apologize to those readers who have connections to the Polar Ice fortune.

Until tomorrow. I swear. No, really..I will do better this week. The new season of Big Brother really is affecting my blogging tendencies.
~Heather

3 comments:

C Dizzle Mizzle said...

I would say admitting you have a problem is the first step, but I don't think you have any desire to recover.

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I have never eaten one of these flavored goodies from Josh's...However, Row thoroughly enjoyed his Spongebob Snowcone! Maybe I will try that one next time!

HeatherB said...

Nope, I have no desire for treatment; I only desire the sweet, sweet, icy sno cone. And anyone who has not tried a Josh's sno cone should be ashamed of themselves. :)