Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Pantyhose Dance

No female (or male, for that matter) can possibly look attractive while putting on pantyhose. This process is one that really needs to be done in private. Too bad privacy doesn't exist in my house.

As I've mentioned several times, my two year old son always sits in the bedroom while I get ready for work. Since I couldn't seem to find a pair of pants that fit correctly this morning, I ventured into the dress portion of the closet. I chose a black maternity dress that I think passes fairly well for a non-maternity dress. I put it on. My son did not tell me that it looked too tight (as he had done with all other articles I had previously tried on), so I was feeling pretty good about myself. In order to avoid the Oklahoma thigh sweat I knew would occur later in the day, I chose to secure my leg meat with pantyhose leggings.

As I was battling the nylon material, my son said "OOOOH, MAMA'S DANCING!" and proceeded to dance along side me. If the actions he was mimicking are really the actions I make when putting on hose, I'm never wearing them again. It wasn't pretty. It was like Michael J. Fox trying to do the "Elaine Dance."

Thank God tomorrow is Jeans Day!

Until tomorrow.
~Heather

1 comment:

Kelli said...

This made me laugh so hard!!! I love your son.