Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ugly Days Are Here Again.

I am lookin' pretty rough today. If you've seen me, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Today is one of those days that I know I'm going to run into 23 people I haven't seen in 15 years, because I look as gross as Heatherly possible. I will paint you a mental picture:
*I half-heartedly tried to straighten my hair this morning before getting bored and giving up. So, now my hair looks like a puffy, cheap, polyester wig.

*I have the remnants of a spray tan in the crevices of my arms making me appear slightly dirty.

*The shirt I'm wearing has capped sleeves, which I normally try to avoid at all costs. But it is so stinking hot right now that the thought of extra sleeve-material makes me anxious. So, here I am wearing a shirt that highlights my spray tan dirt.

*I celebrated this morning in the fact that a smaller pant size fit relatively comfortably. These smaller pants, however, are approximately 9 inches too long. So, I pulled out the roll of trusty silver masking tape and hemmed them. It is well over 100 degrees here in Tulsa, OK,  and when my legs get overheated, the masking tape sticks to my skin (both awkward and uncomfortable).

*The aforementioned pants are dark brown. I own no shades of  brown shoes. Perhaps I should have worn silver shoes to match the tape? I didn't think of that until now. Anyway, the only logical solution I could come up with was to wear leather flip-flops. That was a stupid idea. I'm wearing dark brown dress pants, a dark brown and turquoise slightly-dressy shirt....with flip flops. I'm embarrassed.

*On top of it all, I am doing the Carb Addicts Diet-- meaning that 2 meals of my day are packed with greasy meat products. In turn, my face is breaking out. I look like an awkward pre-teen wearing a bad wig.

Oh yeah, and I get to do a presentation in class tonight. I hope the professor doesn't count off for my repulsive appearance.

Until tomorrow.
~Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha...i've never thought of hemming my pants with duct tape. I will have to remember that. AND DIRT TAN? ROFL LMAO