Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lunch Lady/Janitor

Upon returning to work on Monday, my new position at the school will be lunch lady/janitor. I've been booted out of the classroom....and I will be landing in the cafeteria. Who's jealous?

In an effort to salvage the shred of pride to which I am still clinging, let me explain:

As you may or may not remember, in October, I left my previous employer in a quest to find my ideal job. For a second or two, I thought I had found it. Silly me, I couldn't have been more wrong. I took a position at a local private school as a long-term preschool teacher for a teacher who was impregnated. I was under the assumption that said teacher would not be returning. Long story short, I was wrong. She will be back this upcoming Monday. Thus, I am being relocated to the lunch room where I will act as server to children 3 years-5th grade. Score! Oh, but wait...after lunch periods have ended, I will mosey upstairs and clean the teachers' break room. Double score!

I've been trying to convince my husband of the numerous reasons it would be of no consequence for me to simply "forget" to show up to work on Monday...and every day following Monday, but he's not budging. His reasoning falls along the lines of "being responsible" and "providing for our children." Blah blah blah.

On a semi-related note, anyone with job openings may email details to ahbeck03@hotmail.com. Just saying.

To those of you who are less-than-pleased in your professional lives, I wish you a bearable New Year.

Until next time,
Heather

3 comments:

Kelly Hogan said...

That sucks! I also am "less-than-pleased" with work so tell me again, why did we go to college?!?!

Anonymous said...

DUDE. WTF?! If it makes you feel better, some of my fondest memories are of lunch ladies. Good luck on the job quest, my friend. I'll say some prayers for you. xo

-Rachel

Anonymous said...

come back to your friends @ Dentsply. We miss you!